Thursday, June 07, 2007

New Home, Boxes and My Big Birthday!


Well I am finally in my new home, but still living out of boxes - all my art things are in the garage in boxes waiting for new tables and shelving from Ikea - don't you love that store?! So I am taking a little break from my art and crafts.


However, I need to get the studio set up within the next two weeks as I have a commission to make a “sea Poetry” book for one of my son’s teachers. Her poetry is really cool. I don’t want to delay it any further, and I want my things out of the garage!

We got internet service last night - two weeks to flip a switch! I also closed my website as I had not used it in over a year and was paying $10 a month for it! Blog is free - you do the sums. It was so hard to upload photos that I kind of stopped playing with it. So for the moment I do not have an icon on this blog (no link).

It's my 40th birthday on Sunday; I declined a party in favor of having a small diner party including children. I am so looking forward to this. My MIL will also host a little family lunch on Sunday.

The garden is finally showing some green under the hay, so maybe the boys will have a little grass to play on this summer. We have tons of things left to-do, but have made a good start. We have also cleaned out a lot of books, clothes and fabric (yes I am the guilty one). I gave a lot to consignment and have several things to sell on Ebay. The next hurdle will be the toys which really need to be purged to a reasonable level - how many action figures does a seven year old need? We won't go into the obscene amount of Lego he has! I will post some photos this weekend as I think I know where I put my camera!