Thursday, November 09, 2006

Fabric Shrine Exchange


I made a similar one to this last month for a friend in Germany; it was part of an exchange. I decided to make myself one as I loved hers so much. It was also a great way for me to utilize all my antique buttons, textiles, trims, lace and fabric. Now I have the perfect excuse to pop out at lunchtime and replenish my supplies! I am going to visit an antique store called the Black Dog; I have heard good reports on it.

This weekend I should be able to finish the last of my artist pages for a fabric chunky book swap hosted by my friend Terrie. The pages I have received over this year have been outstanding – all originals. I worked out that as I have spent nearly three hours on each page so far, just with the ribbon and bead work, and I am making seven pages! I love doing them, being small and self contained, I can work on them during my lunch hour. I am not sure if I am going to make a book or a wall hanging from them.

I am also working on some Christmas matchbox ornaments; I think this will be the last swap for this year. I will keep busy with the journal round robin until the New Year.